The race format will suit anyone with a trail, enduro, hard tail or e-bike and enough stamina for a good day’s riding. Whilst the top riders enter to win, it’s more about getting out on your bike in a stunning location, having a go and enjoying the friendly banter.
The Race Format:
- Maximum 3 laps of between 2 to 5km in length
- 3 to 5 timed short gravity fed stages
- 2 laps compulsory, 3rd lap optional
- Best 2 out of 3 times per stage will be added together for the final result
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 riders in each category
- Series Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 points scorers in each category. All 5 round results will count towards overall series result.
- Fun Category is pure fun racing for first time enduro and less experienced riders. The category will not be part of the Pedalhounds Points Series. Once a rider has scored a podium they must race their appropriate age category for the rest of the series.
- Entries are limited to 300 riders per round.
The stages on each lap can be ridden in any order in a mash-up style, with no time restraints on transfers from one stage to another.
Timing chips are supplied for each race and collected at race registration.
Pedalhounds are sticking to the true ethos of enduro – there will be no practice before the racing starts, although the stages will be available for inspection on foot the day before between 1-3pm and on the morning of the event between 7.30-10am giving everyone a level playing field.
These events will be run on private land and fully insured for MTB and e-Bike racing.
- Limited camping will be available on Saturday night at some venues
- Camping is £5 per person. Under 10’s are free
- Camping must be pre-booked via the entry page
- Campers must take all their rubbish home (do not put in Race HQ or Catering litter bins)
*Category ages are based on your age on the 1st January so that you remain in the same age category throughout the series.
- U14 Male: 12-14 (Rider must be accompanied by a guardian 16yrs+ either riding or spectating at all times whilst at the event)
- U18 Male: 15-18
- Senior Male: 19-29
- Master Male: 30-39
- Veteran Male: 40-49
- Grand Vet Male: 50+
- Hard Tail Male: 16+
- Female: 14-39
- Female: 40+
- Fun: 16+ (Open to riders starting their first enduro and less experienced riders. This category is pure fun racing and will not be part of the Pedalhounds Series. Once a rider has scored a podium they must race appropriate age category)
- e-Bike Male: 14-29
- e-bike Male: 30-39
- e-Bike Female: 40-49
- e-Bike Male: 50+
- e-Bike Female: 16+
- Senior, Master, Veteran, Grand Vet, Hard Tail, Fun, All E-Bike £46.50
- U14, U18, Female 14 – 39 & Female 40+ £43.50